For many months now, the historic building at 239-241 Spadina, constructed in 1910, has been undergoing restoration and renovations. At one time it housed the Consolidated Glass Company. On the first floor of the building, a cafe/restaurant is soon to open. This week (September of 2012), the changes to the old “brick and beam” building are nearing completion. Wrought iron railings have appeared below the windows above the first floor, on the north side of the west facade.
The interior of the first floor of the Consolidated Glass Building, where renovations are nearing completion. The left-hand photo was taken in August. The right-hand photo was taken the third week of September. It appears as if it will be opening soon.
Wrought iron railings that have appeared on the windows on the left-hand windows.
To view the original post about the history of this building:
To view other posts about the historic buildings on Spadina Avenue:
The Victory Burlesque Theatre at Dundas and Spadina
The Dragon City Mall on the southwest corner of Dundas and Spadina
Buildings on the west side of Spadina a short distance north of Queen Street.
History of the site of the Mcdonalds on northwest corner of Queen and Spadina
The site of the Paul Magder shop at 202 Spadina
A former mansion at 235 Spadina that is now almost hidden from view.
The Balfour Building at 119 Spadina Avenue
To View the Home page for this blog: https://tayloronhistory.com/